Lemon Cake Roll
Delicious and unusual sponge cake dessert that is very easy to prepare!
My mom used to cook this cake roll for me when I was a child. Then my husband fell in love with it; there was even a moment when I cooked it every week because it is so delicious. Lemon cake roll is not only a delicate sponge cake but sweet and sour lemon filling - that is a perfect combination. This wonderful dessert is very easy to prepare and you will definitely love it!
And if you want a new dessert with lemon - try lemon poppy seed muffins.
- 380g (1 can) condensed milk,
- 2 eggs,
- 1 cup flour,
- 1 tsp baking powder,
- ¼ tsp salt.
- ½ cup (100 g) sugar,
- 2 large (3 small) lemons.
- wash the lemons and cut them into pieces (do not peel them) and get rid of the seeds,
- put the lemons through a meat grinder or a blender; in a blender it’s easier to do it right away with sugar,
- if you used a meat grinder - mix ground lemons with sugar.
Preheat the oven to 180º C.
Line a baking sheet with baking paper so that the paper not only covers the bottom of the baking sheet but also its sides.
Sponge cake - dough:
- separate egg whites from egg yolks,
- whisk the yolks with condensed milk and salt,
- beat the egg whites until soft peaks form,
- gently fold the whipped egg whites in the condensed milk mix,
- mix the dry ingredients - flour and baking powder,
- sift the dry ingredients into the liquid ones,
- stir gently until smooth.
Sponge cake - baking:
- place the dough on a baking sheet and spread it out evenly; the thickness should be about 1 cm,
- place the baking sheet in an oven preheated to 180º C,
- bake for 15-20 minutes, a toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean and dry,
- while it is baking, put baking paper on the table and sprinkle it with powdered sugar, you will need it to roll the cake.
Roll the cake:
- once the sponge cake is ready, remove it from the oven and turn it over onto baking paper covered in powdered sugar,
- remove the baking paper on which the sponge cake was baked,
- spread the lemon filling into an even layer, leaving about 2 centimeters empty at one edge and 1 centimeter at each of the three remaining edges,
- tightly roll up your sponge cake while it is still hot,
- and now the most difficult part - wait for at least 4 hours!
Published , updated