Cloudy grey sky outside - it’s time to add bright colours to your life! This salad will pleasantly surprise you with its unusual taste and original combination of ingredients. Here the salty taste of salmon is perfectly balanced by fresh crunchy cucumber and sweet bell pepper, and dill will remind you of summer days.
If you doubt which salmon to choose, you can try to cook it yourself:
- 300g salted salmon,
- 1 fresh cucumber (medium),
- 1 head of fresh broccoli (medium),
- 1 carrot (medium),
- 1 egg,
- ½ sweet bell pepper (red or orange),
- dill (to taste),
- olive oil (for salad dressing).
- peel the carrot and boil it,
how to boil carrots: put carrots in a pot and fill it with cold water (if you add hot it will cook faster, but unevenly), bring to a boil over the high heat, then reduce it to medium and cook for about 25-35 minutes;
- disassemble the broccoli into inflorescences, cut into equal size pieces if needed and boil,
how to boil broccoli: bring water to a boil and add salt, put broccoli inflorescences in boiling salted water; cook for 5 minutes, the inflorescences should remain saturated green;
- boil egg,
how to boil eggs: dip the eggs in a pot of water; put on medium heat and bring to a boil; cook for no more than 10 minutes, otherwise the yolks will be covered with a grey bloom; put the prepared eggs in a saucepan of cold water;
- once carrot is cooled cut it into small cubes,
- once broccoli is cooled cut also into small cubes,
- once egg is cooled, peel it and cut into small cubes,
- cut the salmon into small cubes,
- cut the cucumbers into small cubes,
- cut the sweet bell pepper into small cubes (I know I repeated "small cubes" so many times, but it makes all the difference),
- remove the thicker stems from the dill and chop the remaining finely with a knife.
- put all the ingredients in a salad bowl,
- pour the olive oil over the salad and stir.