No holiday table is complete without mimosa salad from my grandma. In Russia this salad is always mentioned in the same breath as Olivier (known as Russian Salad) and Dressed Herring. But this fact doesn't make Mimosa Salad less delicious, and some changes of the traditional recipe even improve it - you only need to take potatoes and butter out of this salad; you also need to replace onion with scallion and replace canned goods with boiled salmon :)
- 250 gr. fresh salmon
- 200 gr. carrots (2 medium)
- 150 gr. cheese
- 5 eggs
- 15 gr. green herbs (dill, parsley, scallion)
- 100 gr. mayonnaise (may be even less, depends on the size of the dish).
- boil the salmon and cool it,
how to boil the salmon: rinse the salmon thoroughly before preparation, it's unnecessary to skin off the fish; put the salmon into the boiling salted water (the water should completely cover the fish); depending on the size of the pieces, the salmon will be ready in 10-20 minutes;
- skin off the cooled salmon and mash it with a fork (cover the plate),
- boil the eggs and cool them,
how to boil the eggs: place eggs into a large saucepan and cover them with cool water by 3 cm; bring water to a boil over medium heat; boil it for no more than 10 minutes otherwise the yolk will become grey (that will ruin your presentation); put the cooked eggs into the pot with the cold water;
- shell the eggs and separate yolks from whites; chop the whites finely and mash the yolks with a fork (cover the plates),
- boil the carrot, cool and cut it,
how to boil the carrot: rinse the carrot thoroughly before preparation, use a scrubbing brush for it; if necessary - peel the carrot; put the carrot into a large saucepan and cover it with cool water by 3 cm; bring it to a boil over medium heat and boil for 25-40 minutes (it depends on carrot size);
- grate the cheese,
- finely chop the green herbs.
put (with even layers) the following ingredients in a wide, but not deep, dish:
- finely chopped egg whites,
- grated cheese,
- mashed salmon,
- mayonnaise (thin layer),
- mashed yolks,
- chopped green herbs.
The salad should rest in a fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.