Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
Wonderfully moist, full of poppy seeds and flavored with lemon zest
Some people can tell that the combination of lemon and poppy seed is old-fashioned. But adding lemons and poppy seed to a familiar recipe, such as muffins, is a scrumptious twist! You'll fall in love with these wonderfully moist muffins flavored with lemon zest.
And if you wanna something new and lemony - try lemon cake roll или moist lemon cake.
- 2 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup white chocolate (optional)
- preheat your oven to 190° C (375° F),
- if you do not use muffin paper cups, lightly grease a muffin tin and set aside.
- combine the flour, salt, baking powder and poppy seeds in a medium mixing bowl,
- mix well and set aside.
- whisk the egg until blended in a big bowl,
- slowly add the oil, whisk constantly,
- add the sugar in the same way,
- add vanilla extract, lemon zest, lemon juice and milk, whisk to blend completely.
Making the batter:
- add the dry ingredients into the wet,
- stir gently, using a wooden spoon, until almost no flour is visible (a few lumps can still be present, but that’s ok). Keep in mind that over-mixing will result in tough muffins.
Baking and serving:
- divide the batter evenly in the muffin tin,
- sprinkle white chocolate on top,
- put it in the oven and bake until a wooden skewer inserted into the center comes out clean (about 20-25 minutes),
- once done, remove it from the oven and cool for about 10 minutes,
- remove it from the tin and serve.
Published , updated