And they always stay moist for a few days… but usually disappear much faster!
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tbsp baking soda (if you don't have baking soda just double the amount of baking powder)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- punch nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 medium apple or even 2 apples for apple pie lovers :)
- preheat your oven to 205° C (400° F),
- if you do not use muffin paper cups, lightly grease a muffin tin and set aside.
- whisk the egg until blended in a small bowl,
- whisk in the sour cream and oil until smooth.
- sift all dry ingredients ingredients into a large bowl.
- wash and peel the apple,
- cut into cubes and set aside.
Making the batter:
- pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with dry ingredients,
- stir gently, until almost combined (some dry ingredients can still be present, but that’s ok since the batter will be mixed again when the apples are added). Keep in mind that over-mixing will result in tough muffins,
- add the apples and mix gently until just incorporated.
Baking and serving:
- divide the batter evenly in the muffin tin,
- put it in the oven and bake until a wooden skewer inserted into the center comes out clean (about 20 minutes),
- once done, remove it from the oven and cool for about 10 minutes,
- remove it from the tin and serve.