Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Pasta - potatoes - pasta - potatoes… aren’t you tired yet?
Roasted brussels sprouts are incredibly tasty. Serve it warm with fish or meat.
- 500g fresh brussels sprouts,
- 5 tbsp vegetable oil,
- ½ tsp ground pepper,
- ½ tsp salt,
- (optional) 1 tsp sweet paprika (if you have smoked one, use it),
- (optional) 2 cloves of garlic.
- preheat the oven to 200 °C,
- cover a baking sheet with baking paper,
- remove any dried or damaged outer leaves from the Brussels sprouts (rinse and dry with a towel if necessary),
- cut each sprout in half lengthwise, put them in a large container,
- if you use garlic, chop it finely or use a garlic press,
- pour oil into a small glass jar with a lid, then put ground pepper and salt; add garlic and sweet paprika, if you use any,
- close the lid and shake the jar,
- pour the sauce over the sprouts and mix gently, each half of sprouts should be covered with oil on all sides,
- place them cut-side down on a baking sheet, but do it carefully, don’t dump everything at once ;)
Roasting and serving:
- roast the sprouts in the oven for 15 minutes, the brussels sprouts should become soft, but at the same time remain green,
- enjoy your meal, my darlings!
Published , updated