Coffee Pecan Cookies
Take your taste buds on a trip and blow your mind
It could seem like the combination of nuts and coffee is a perfect combo on its own, but coconut oil and vanilla extract add another dimension of flavor and convert simple cookies into an extra special treat. You only need about 15 minutes to prepare the cookies and the result will take your taste buds on a trip and blow your mind.
- 3 tbsp coconut oil (40 g)
- 3 tbsp sugar, preferably brown (45 g)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cups all-purpose flour (85 g)
- 1 tbsp coffee, preferably very finely ground coffee
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup pecan (65 g)
- preheat the oven to 180° С (355° F),
- toast pecan to release the natural flavour, crush when it’s completely cool.
- in a large bowl, mix the coconut oil and sugar,
- add the egg and vanilla extract,
- beat until smooth.
- sift the flour and baking powder together,
- stir in the salt and coffee.
Mixing the dough:
- mix the dry ingredients into the bowl,
- stir until everything is incorporated,
- add the pecan and mix again.
Baking and serving:
- line a baking tray with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray,
- using a large spoon, form equal size rounds of dough (leave enough space between each cookie as they will spread out a bit as they bake),
- bake the cookies until the edges turn a light brown color (about 15 minutes),
- once done, cool for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack,
- allow to cool completely before serving.
Published , updated