Chocolate chip cookies are a great sweet snack and can become a favorite take-away dessert. Spend just 15 minutes on preparation and enjoy soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies!
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (170 g)
- 3/4 cup sugar, preferably brown (130 g)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (260 g)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips (170 g) or even 2 cups for REAL chocolate lovers :)
For cookies with a chewier texture, use a wooden spoon to mix the dough.
For cookies with cake-like texture, use a mixer that will incorporate more air into the dough.
- preheat the oven to 160° С (325° F),
- if you prefer cookies with a chewier texture, melt the butter, and then cool to room temperature, otherwise, bring the butter to room temperature.
- in a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar (with a mixer, use high speed),
- add the egg, egg yolk and vanilla extract,
- beat until smooth.
- sift the flour and baking powder together,
- stir in the salt.
- mix the dry ingredients into the bowl,
- stir until everything is incorporated (with a mixer, use low speed),
- add the chocolate chips.
Baking and serving:
- line a baking tray with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray,
- using a large spoon, form equal size rounds of dough (leave enough space between each cookie as they will spread out a bit as they bake),
- (optional) refrigerate for 15 minutes before baking,
- bake the cookies until the edges turn a light golden color (about 15 minutes),
- once done, cool for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack,
- allow to cool completely before serving.