Moist Chocolate Muffins
These muffins are chocolate lover's dream!
Rich, moist, and extremely delicious chocolate muffins will make your day better. The tasting of chocolate comes from adding cocoa powder and chopped dark chocolate. That delicious treat is great for breakfast or even as a dessert after dinner.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (70 g)
- 2/3 cup sugar (130 g)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup sour cream (150 g)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate, chopped (200 g)
- preheat your oven to 190° C (375° F),
- if you do not use muffin paper cups, lightly grease a muffin tin and set aside.
- combine the flour, salt, baking powder, cacao powder and chopped chocolate in a big mixing bowl,
- mix well and set aside.
- whisk the egg until blended in a bowl,
- add sour cream and mix,
- slowly add the oil, whisk constantly,
- add the sugar in the same way,
- add vanilla extract and milk, whisk to blend completely.
Making the batter:
- add the dry ingredients into the wet,
- stir gently, using a wooden spoon, until it's incorporated,
keep in mind that over-mixing will result in tough muffins.
Baking and serving:
- divide the batter evenly in the muffin tin,
- put it in the oven and bake until a wooden skewer inserted into the center comes out clean (about 20-25 minutes),
- once done, remove it from the oven and cool for about 10 minutes,
- remove it from the tin and serve.
Published , updated